1). Our moderators are here to 'police' members. Fiction-
Our moderators are here to support members - available for questions, advice on how to get around the board, etc. No one here polices 'members'. We are here to work together. Everyone does their part - including members - to make this a safe place for everyone.
2). Littles and teens can write anywhere on the board and in chat where the member has access. Fact
Everyone is welcome to write anywhere on the board - with the exception of the little and teen areas - which are set aside for them.
3). Members cannot discuss SRA/MC in chat. Fact
But, you may discuss SRA/MC anywhere on the board, including in the SRA/MC section.
4). You can come here and talk about your experiences on other boards and ours' - including members and staff - as long as it is part of 'your' need to gain support. Gossip, sharing discussions between other members and staff, etc. is always okay. On this board, we all love drama. Fiction.
Please, please - if you are caught in some drama with anyone from here or elsewhere, leave it outside this board. Here is a safe place where we can concentrate on positive healing.
5). We restrict members' expression. Fact
We have written disclaimer and guidelines in order to help you know what is appropriate to express and what is not. Our guidelines all revolve around each member taking responsibility for thinking before writing - how will others react? It is important that we all respect and validate each other.
6). All pm's and emails from staff, including member's reactions to them, should be immediately shared on our board, and chat - as well as any other board members may belong to. Fiction
We have guidelines concerning confidentiality -
7). We encourage members to pm other members for support, to request personal information, and to make as many friends as they can. Fiction
Please interact on the board as a part of the community. We cannot monitor the pm system.
8) We encourage members to pm or email staff for board support or to ask questions and update. Fact
Please feel free to always pm or email staff if you need anything. We are here for you.
9) We are a fairly new board - with unprofessional, controlling, and inexperienced staff members. Fiction
Our board has been active for some 11 years. Our staff has a combined experience of some 20 years plus on the internet and running and participating within online communities.
10) All of our members are either not or newly diagnosed with DID. Fiction
Many of our members are integrated, partially integrated, been diagnosed for many years, newly diagnosed or 'not' officially diagnosed. We have several members who have other dissociative disorder such as DDNOS or PTSD/C-PTSD. There is a huge range of ages, gender, place of origin, etc.
11) Regardless of your intention, you will be in big trouble if you break any of our guidelines. Fiction
We all make mistakes - we are all able to work things out to set things right. Misunderstandings can be terribly hurtful and should be straightened out asap. Arguing, name-calling, judging others, creating dramas, gossiping, and continuing to push boundaries is just not acceptable behavior here.
12) This board was created by a bunch of friends who just wanted a place to talk and goof off. Fiction
This board was created with a clear focus and goal - a safe place where members could come and concentrate on positive, productive healing discussion and expression without fear of censorship, judgement, or disrespect.
13) The owner of this board is uneducated, inexperienced, and unfair, controlling, and unqualified. Fiction
The owner of this board has 2 Masters degrees - in the areas of psychology and education. Studies have included writing, language arts, psychology, research in the area of language development. She has published several short stories, poetry, psych journals, and critiques. She has worked as an accountant, financial adviser, special ed teacher, and Realtor. She has raised 2 boys of her own and over 20 teenage foster children. She has been working on the internet and with webdesign since the very first computer came around. yeeha. She runs the board fairly and with respect of all members.
14) If a member has a problem with another member or staff, they should immediately pm the community and ask if others feel the same - or better yet, stuff it and don't tell anyone. Fiction
Please, please - if you even perceive a problem with another member, please let an administrator know right away. Staff can help tremendously in sorting out anything.
15) This is a place where members can come and feel comfortable to express with dignity, requesting what they need - without fear of judgement or rejection. Fact
16) We encourage member to keep staff updated and knowledgeable when things happen that they should know about. Fact
It is important that staff knows what is happening within the community in order to keep the board safe. Never worry about being a 'tattle-tale' - or that you will get someone in trouble. Everyone is able to express their intentions.
17) Everyone who comes here is accepted 'as they are' without judgement. Fact
Everyone is given time to decide or demonstrate whether this group will be beneficial to them.
18) This board is beneficial to all members. Fiction
Not everyone gets along everywhere. There will always be members who just don't feel comfy for whatever reason.
19) All members who belong here should be loyal to our board and feel guilty if they go elsewhere. Fiction
We NEVER ask anyone to feel loyal to us. To feel proud to be a member here is great.
20) This is a great board with some of the most amazing people I have ever met. Fact
Last edited by felicity on 3/24/2016, 11:11 am; edited 3 times in total